Saturday, November 22, 2008
Tuesday, November 18, 2008
The game is on and you're it!
Think of one word, just one single word to best describe me and post it in my comments. You can leave a brief explanation of why you picked that word if you want.
Then feel free to post this on your blog if you want me to try to describe you in one word. It's also fun to see how many strange and interesting things people say about you.
Friday, October 3, 2008
We were at the store (a few years ago) getting some food and other things when we went down the aisle where the milk is. A lady was there getting milk, she grabbed three or four gallons so Ari said...
- Lady, don't take all of it!
I tried to tell Ari that there was enough milk for everyone but I was laughing too hard to explain it to her or to really care.
I was just in California with the family, at night my dad would usually tell my nieces bedtime stories. One night Annika walked up to my dad and said...
- Grandaddy, if you don't tell me a story tonight I'll call you stupid Grandaddy but if you do tell me a story I'll call you King Grandaddy.
Anni really loves story time.
When Ari was a little younger we would watch her and Annika while Kelie and JR were at work. As nice as I usually am and as much as I spoil my nieces, sometimes I had to lay down the law and be an enforcer. When this would happen and I had to tell Ari not to do something, she would always try to think of something smart to say back to me. A few times she really couldn't think of anything right away so after thinking for a few seconds she would say...
- Oh yeah, well, you're in a wheelchair!
Ari is pretty clever and very good at stating the obvious.
On Ari's birthday Anni was sitting at the table eating breakfast when she said to Kelie...
- For my birthday when I turn five, I want Robbie to have a sleep over.
How cute are my nieces?
More to come...
Monday, September 15, 2008
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
I was in the hall right outside of the delivery room with my dad and nieces waiting for Alyvia to be born and JR and my mom were in the delivery room with Kelie. Ari and Anni were going crazy with anticipation, they had their ears pressed up against the door and said they could hear crying every few seconds. Once we finally did hear crying in the room, the girls could barely handle being in the hall on the other side of the door and asked every minute for about a half hour if we could go in to see the baby yet. Eventually we were welcomed in to meet Alyvia. Ari and Anni loved looking at, holding and getting to know her (so did I). When it was time to feed Alyvia the girls were very curious as to what was going on and kept trying to peek. When Kelie switched sides, Ari innocently asked "Mom, is there more milk in the other boobie?". JR got to help with Alyvia's first bath while everyone gathered around to watch. Then it was time for us to leave the hospital, Anni leaned over and said in her cute little voice "I will miss you Alyvia".
Tuesday, July 22, 2008
Friday, July 4, 2008
Ari (6) and Anni (4) are both at an age that they say some pretty funny, cute and clever things. I thought I'd try to remember some and write them down to help me remember my girls when they're in St. George.
- Anni - Is this Diesel's belly button?
- Rob - Yes.
- Anni - What are these other little bumps?
- Rob - Those are his boobies.
- Anni - Thinks for a few seconds...Diesel's boobies are on his tummy and my boobies are up here (as she pulls down her shirt and points).
Ariana had just finished playing with some toys when she started to run off to do something else.
- Rob - Can you come pick up your toys and put them away?
- Ari - Ignores me and keeps walking away.
- Rob - I say louder...Ari, can you come pick up your toys and put them away?
- Ari - You're not the boss of me!
- Rob - Yes I am (I know, childish)!
- Ari - No you're not!
- Rob - I'm the boss of everything (joking of course).
- Ari - Giving me a dirty look...No, you're not Jesus!
After she said that, I couldn't argue anymore. So, I left her alone and she went on to play with something else.
And my favorite. I was sitting at my computer with my back to the door. I heard Ariana's footsteps run in and back out of my room. When I went to check things out, the only thing I noticed was a one dollar bill left by my bed.
- Rob - Do you know who's dollar this is?
- Ari - It's yours.
- Rob - Do you know who put it here?
- Ari - I did.
- Rob - Why?
- Ari - I thought it would make you happy.
How cute are my nieces? They say plenty of other cute and funny things but I just can't think of all of them right now. There will be more posts like this in the future.
Thursday, July 3, 2008
My brother Dan did most of the hard work with a little help from my Dad. Once everything was dug out and all the dirt and rocks were moved into place, I had the fun job of picking out the tree and plant life to go around the pond (with Dan and Megan's help).
After we finished planting and moving everything into place, the only thing left to do was give it a name. Since we built the water feature over the spot that we buried my dogs Tommy and Thurman early last year, I thought it was appropriate to name it after them...T-N-T (Get it? Clever huh?). Tomorrow we're going to the pet store to get some fish for the pond. My nieces are in town this weekend and are so excited, I told Ariana and Annika that they could pick out their own fish for the pond and name them.
Wednesday, July 2, 2008
Raji and Diesel are awesome companions! Diesel is a little more independent, he likes exploring the back yard, supervising anything that goes on and doesn't really mind being by himself. Raji on the other hand, is always right by my side whenever I'm home unless we get the frisbee or big ball out, then her total focus in on playing. They both love going in the car, PetSmart and the park are favorite places to go. They are great with other dogs and people and will smother you with kisses if you let them. They both sleep in my bed at night and wake me up plenty to let me know when they don't have enough covers (yes, they have their own blankets) or if they need a belly scratch in the middle of the night.
Since they have been so good lately, they got to go to PetSmart and get new collars that match their leashes. The new collars are alright but they don't look as good as the leather ones they had so I'll probably end up switching the collars back. Diesel's Harley-Davidson spike collar makes him look way tougher anyway and the girl dogs dig him in it too.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Study: Most Children Strongly Opposed To Children's Healthcare
Wednesday, May 28, 2008
On a Thursday morning, before a three day weekend because of the Memorial Day holiday in 2001 I got a phone call from a close friend asking me if I wanted to go to on a road trip for a few days. I had nothing else exciting planned so I gladly accepted the invitation. First, we drove to St. George to spend the night so we could meet up with a few other people in the morning. Since Mesquite is only about a 30 minute drive from St. George we decided to go hang out there for a little while. We ended up staying until early in the morning. A few hours after we got back to St. George we met our friends and drove to Lake Powell where we had an amazing time camping on the beach. There were hundreds of other people there which led to a few days with no real sleep.
The next thing I remember was waking up in the hospital with tubes in my mouth, nose and all over my body, not being able to talk and not being able to move. Although, this was all kind of a blur because the doctors had me so drugged up. I had partially collapsed and bruised lungs, staples in the top of my head helping to close up a huge gash and 9 broken/dislocated vertebrae in my neck and back. The worst of the injuries was to my C 6/7 vertebrae in my neck. The two vertebrae were dislocated pinching my spinal cord causing me to be paralyzed from the chest down and only left with partial feeling in and partial use of my arms.
My friend was also pretty beat up from the accident but she was little more fortunate and was able to walk away which I'm very thankful for.
After the accident, I remained in the U of U hospital rehab unit for a long three months where I lost about 50 pounds. I had to wear a horrible back/neck brace anytime I was out of bed which really sucked. While I was in the hospital I did meet some great people (therapists, nurses and other patients) and my family and friends were such a great support, they really helped me to deal with and get through the hardest time in my life.
Today, I'm still paralyzed from the chest down, I only have partial use of my arms and I cruise around in a wheelchair but I'm pretty thankful for where I'm at in my life (most of the time), things could always be worse. I have the most amazing and supportive family and they take pretty good care of me.
Love you guys!
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Hey everyone, I have a question about what is supposed to be done when someone leaves a comment on one of your blog posts. I put a poll at the bottom of this page to help me figure this out so just scroll down and select the answer you think is best (sample below).
When someone writes a comment on your post, do you respond by...
- commenting on your own post and hope they check the comments again.
- writing a comment on their most recent post.
- not responding at all...it's just a comment page.
- emailing or calling them.
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Saturday, April 26, 2008
Love your guts Ari!
Thursday, April 24, 2008
- ROCK STAR NAME: (first pet & current car) Thurman Tacoma
- GANGSTA NAME: (favorite ice cream flavor, favorite cookie) Vanilla Samoa
- FLY Guy/Girl NAME: (first initial of first name, first two letters of your last name) R-AD
- DETECTIVE NAME: (favorite color, favorite animal) Green Dog
- SOAP OPERA NAME: (middle name, city where you were born) James Salt Lake
- STAR WARS NAME: (the first 3 letters of your last name, first 2 letters of your first name) Adaro
- SUPERHERO NAME: (”The” + 2nd favorite color, favorite drink) The Red Dr. Pepper
- NASCAR NAME: (the first names of your grandfathers) Rudy Beech
- STRIPPER NAME: (the name of your favorite perfume/cologne/scent, favorite candy) Vanilla Caramel
- WITNESS PROTECTION NAME: (mother’s & father’s middle names ) Wolfgramm Beecher
- TV WEATHER ANCHOR NAME: (Your 5th grade teacher’s last name, a major city that starts with the same letter) Alsop Auckland
- SPY NAME: (your favorite season/holiday, flower) Halloween Cockscomb
- CARTOON NAME: (favorite fruit, article of clothing you’re wearing right now + “ie” or “y”) Orange Shoey
- HIPPY NAME: (What you ate for breakfast, your favorite tree) Cracker Willow
- ROCK STAR TOUR NAME: (”The” + Your favorite hobby/craft, favorite weather element + “Tour”) The Poker Rain Tour
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
I especially love the pictures of Ari and Anni since they moved to St. George and I don't see them as much as I used to.
I couldn't ask for better sisters, Kelie and Kristi are so amazing.
How gorgeous are all of my girls?
Thursday, December 27, 2007
- I have the best mom in the world, I could never repay her for all that she does for me. My dad is pretty alright too.
- I miss my Nana more and more every day. Sundays, holidays and family reunions just aren't the same without her.
- I watch Rachael Ray and The Price is Right every morning (Drew Carey...not as good as Bob Barker).
- I treat my dogs like they were my kids, they are very spoiled.
- I fell off the hood of a car going 40 M.P.H. down Millcreek Canyon.
- I went to the emergency room 4 times in 6 months when I was a teenager (including the incident above) I was and still am an accident waiting to happen.
- I was the Prom King in High School (yes, I'm living in the past).
- I'm related to "The Jets" (the 80's singing group).
- I have my own bowling ball.
- If I wasn't a fat guy in a wheelchair, I would try to be a Mixed Martial Arts fighter.
- I love Little Debbie Oatmeal Cream Pies.
- I love reading my family and friends blogs but I don't like to update my own blog very much (as you can probably tell).
- I don't like talking on the phone, I'd much rather communicate thru email or on the Internet...I'm pretty anti-social these days.
- My two favorite days of the year are my nieces birthdays (October 15th and May 27th).
- I am a huge Utah Jazz fan.
- I'm a Utah football fan but I do root for BYU when they aren't playing the Utes (dang...that was hard to admit).
- I love the holidays but I can't stand Christmas music, it drives me crazy!
- The last time I drove a car was about 6 years ago.
- I spend most of my time during the day at my computer.
- I have reoccurring dreams of me in a Tuxedo but I'm always in different places and situations.
Wednesday, December 26, 2007
Gramps is probably the most generous and giving guy that I have ever known. From all of the things that he does for his family to literally bailing his friends and others out of jams. He is known for talking to everyone and befriending people in need. Growing up around him I used to think it was a little odd that he would keep helping his friend out after this guy was sent to jail time after time or that he employed the local handicap man at his appliance store or that he would let people live in our cabin while they got back on their feet but as I got older I started to understand that he would do these things because he was such a compassionate and considerate person.
Of course, he isn't perfect. My older brother picked up swearing from him when he was three years old and well...ummm...that's all I got. I think the only time I've heard him bad mouth anyone was when we were at a Chinese restaurant and the waiter who didn't speak very good English got his order wrong so Gramps called him an idiot, the waiter just smiled and said thank you (my cousin and I couldn't stop laughing).
For a lot of my life I've taken my ol' Gramps for granted but over the years it has become clear to me that he is such an amazing person and I'm very fortunate to have him in my life.
Love ya Gramps!
Friday, November 30, 2007
Wednesday, October 24, 2007
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Having another birthday really made me reflect on where my life has been, where I thought it would be and where it actually is today. My life today is definitely not what I thought it would be. Six years ago, I was living on my own, I had a good job that paid pretty well that I actually enjoyed (most of the time) and I was loving life. After an awesome weekend in Lake Powell followed by a fun night in Wendover everything that I knew was turned upside down. As most of you know, I was in a car accident six years ago and have been cruising around in a wheelchair ever since. I spent three long months in the hospital recovering and doing physical and occupational therapy then after a long stay there I had to move back in with my parents which I never thought would happen. My parents have always been awesome but they have been especially great over these last six years, they kind of have to be...everyone knows that putting up with me isn't the easiest thing to do.
Enough of my sob story...most of the reflecting back on things the past few days has really made me realize how fortunate I am to have the family and extended family that I have. I could not ask for better parents, they do so much for me. My brother, sisters and their spouses are so awesome and my two nieces are amazing. I've been lucky enough to have everything that I needed and wanted growing up and now. Things that I considered a high priority six years ago really don't seem that important anymore and I figure that no matter how bad life seems at times, there is always someone in the world that is worse off than me.
Anyway, life is good (most of the time). :-)
Thursday, September 13, 2007
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Wednesday, September 5, 2007
Friday, August 10, 2007
Megan has talked me into doing a mini-marathon (probably only a 5K or 10K) with her sometime in the next few months. I will either do it from my wheelchair or my handcycle (a bike that you peddle with your hands/arms). I got my handcycle back from the UofU so I can start training to try to get myself in good enough shape so I can hopefully complete the mini-marathon. It should be interesting to see how I do but fun at the same time.
Most of you know that my two dogs Tommy and Thurman past away earlier this year and I got a new Boston Terrier named Raji K. She is 6 months old now and got spayed today. She is pretty groggy and is walking around like she had a few too many to drink but she'll be just fine in a few days.
Some family news:
We just had the Wolfgramm family reunion pool party at our pool and we celebrated G-ma Wolfgramm's 90th birthday at Gardner Village. I can't believe how good she looks for 90 years old. It was great to see everyone there and to catch up with them.
It's August so we have a ton of birthday's in my family to celebrate this month. We have another pool party with the Adams family in a few days to celebrate the August birthdays. Sweet, more Subway!
Dan and Megan's big day is coming up fast...September 1st is only three weeks away. Their wedding and reception will be in their awesome back yard so they can show off their new water feature named RobO. I just got a new navy blue pin strip suit for the wedding...it's too bad for Dan because I'll be the best looking guy there. I hate to steal his spot light but I gotta be me!
That's all I got for now, catch you on the flip side.
Thursday, August 9, 2007
Saturday, July 28, 2007
Friday, July 20, 2007
3. Volvo Trucks
4. Facility Management Engineering
4 movies I can watch over and over again:
2. Sin City
3. Shawshank Redemption
4. The Count of Monte Cristo
4 places I've lived:
3. New Zealand
4 favorite TV shows:
1. SportsCenter (ESPN)
2. The Office
3. Prison Break
4. CSI and CSI Miami
4 places I've been:
3. New Zealand
4. Jail (long story)
4 favorite foods:
4 websites I visit daily:
4. UFC.com and MMAWeekly.com
4 places I'd rather be:
1. Las Vegas
2. San Diego
4. New Zealand
Monday, July 16, 2007
Sunday, July 15, 2007
Ari holding a starfish.The flamingos were just chillin' but they were pretty boring. And of course Shamu. Shamu and the other whales was the most impressive and my favorite part of Sea World.
Saturday, July 14, 2007
Sunday, July 1, 2007
Thursday, June 28, 2007
- My Nana and Mom are my hero's.
- I hate to have my picture taken and when I do, I rarely smile.
- I enjoy spoiling people close to me...it's what I do.
- I am awesome at Tiger Woods PGA Tour on PS2 and GameCube.
- I love animals, dogs the most.
- I have two dogs, a Boston Terrier named Raji and a Miniature Pinscher named Diesel.
- I like to have my head shaved.
- I would rather shop online than go shopping at the mall or other stores.
- I love to buy and collect shoes.
- 10 is my favorite number.
- I'm addicted to buying DVD's.
- I work from home.
- I worked at a Subway for a summer (owned by my family). Not the most fun job.
- I'm part Tongan, my Grandfather on my moms side was born and raised in Tonga. He was one of the first Tongan's to come to America.
- I love all sports, especially football, basketball and MMA.
- I cannot sleep on my back.
- I am very stubborn.
- I am a perfectionist.
- I spent one night in jail over a misunderstanding...all charges were dropped.
- I'm a fat guy in a wheelchair. I broke 9 vertebrae in my neck and back in a car accident on May 28th, 2001 and am paralyzed from the chest down.
Wednesday, June 27, 2007
Nana, we love you and you are missed!