Ari (6) and Anni (4) are both at an age that they say some pretty funny, cute and clever things. I thought I'd try to remember some and write them down to help me remember my girls when they're in St. George.
- Anni - Is this Diesel's belly button?
- Rob - Yes.
- Anni - What are these other little bumps?
- Rob - Those are his boobies.
- Anni - Thinks for a few seconds...Diesel's boobies are on his tummy and my boobies are up here (as she pulls down her shirt and points).
Ariana had just finished playing with some toys when she started to run off to do something else.
- Rob - Can you come pick up your toys and put them away?
- Ari - Ignores me and keeps walking away.
- Rob - I say louder...Ari, can you come pick up your toys and put them away?
- Ari - You're not the boss of me!
- Rob - Yes I am (I know, childish)!
- Ari - No you're not!
- Rob - I'm the boss of everything (joking of course).
- Ari - Giving me a dirty look...No, you're not Jesus!
After she said that, I couldn't argue anymore. So, I left her alone and she went on to play with something else.
And my favorite. I was sitting at my computer with my back to the door. I heard Ariana's footsteps run in and back out of my room. When I went to check things out, the only thing I noticed was a one dollar bill left by my bed.
- Rob - Do you know who's dollar this is?
- Ari - It's yours.
- Rob - Do you know who put it here?
- Ari - I did.
- Rob - Why?
- Ari - I thought it would make you happy.
How cute are my nieces? They say plenty of other cute and funny things but I just can't think of all of them right now. There will be more posts like this in the future.